Are you trying to figure out how to install Lightroom presets? You’ve come to the right place. Let’s break down exactly how to install your new Lightroom presets with this step by step guide. We’ll go over installing your presets in Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic AND the Lightroom Mobile App.
Hey there, Foodtographer!
So you’re looking to up your editing game, I see. I LOVE IT! You are definitely in the right place because Lightroom presets are amazing for:
- 01. Creating a consistent, professional look and feel across all your photos.
- 02. Saving hours and hours of editing time by simplifying your process.
- 03. Testing multiple looks with one click so you can find jus the right edit.
This post contains video and written step-by-step directions on how to upload the same exact presets I use on the reg to your Lightroom application. You will find sets of directions for uploading your Lightroom presets for: Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC, and for your free Lightroom Mobile App! That way you can follow along no matter what version of Lightroom you are using!
How to Install Lightroom Presets in Lightroom CC
- 01. Select the preset file that corresponds to your version of Lightroom. Download and unzip your file. Lightroom 7.4 and above, download the .xmp file. Lightroom 7.3 or earlier, download the .lrtemplate zip file.
- 02. In the Develop panel of Lightroom CC, click on File and select Import Profiles and Presets.
- 03. Find the folder you downloaded in Step 1. Select all presets and click on Import.
- 04. ENJOY YOUR PRESETS! – Click on Presets in the bottom right corner of your screen to view your preset library. Select the preset(s) that you want to use from the list.
How to Install Lightroom Presets in Lightroom Classic
- 01. DOWNLOAD – Select the preset file that corresponds to your version of Lightroom. Download and unzip your file. Lightroom 7.4 and above, download the .xmp file. Lightroom 7.3 or earlier, download the .lrtemplate zip file.
- 02. IMPORT – In the Develop panel of Lightroom Classic, click on File and select Import Develop Profiles and Presets.Find the folder you downloaded in Step 1. Select all presets and click on Import.
- 03. ENJOY YOUR PRESETS! – Your presets will show up in the Presets panel on the left-hand side of your screen. Select the preset(s) that you want to use from the list.
How to Install Lightroom Presets in the Lightroom Mobile App
*Note: Make sure you have the latest version of the Lightroom Mobile app installed.
- 01. DOWNLOAD – In Kajabi, scroll to the Download Presets on Mobile section. Scroll down and click on the zip file to start your download. Click on the file once it is done downloading. Click into the DNG folder and download each .DNG file to the photo library in your phone.
- 02. IMPORT – Select the photo that you wish and click Add. The photo will look unedited, but once you click into the image you will be able to see all of the edits that make up the preset.
*Note: You will have to import each preset individually.In the Lightroom Mobile app, click on the picture image in the lower-right hand corner.
- 03. SAVE – Click on the photo so it is full-screen. Then, click on the three dots on the top right-hand corner of your screen. Select Create Preset.Input the corresponding preset name, while making sure these boxes are selected. Where it says User Presets, you can chose the group that you want to upload the preset into or you can create a new one. Click the check in the top right corner to complete import.
- 04. ENJOY YOUR PRESETS! – You can go back to your library and test your presets on any RAW or unedited image that you have. To apply the preset scroll right to Presets in the menu at the bottom of your screen and select the preset that you want to use. It’s that easy!
Keep in mind that presets are mostly a one-stop-shop, but you might have to make minor adjustments for them to work on certain photos. For example, you might love the Eggshell preset, but find that it takes away too much blue in a scene where you actually want some blue. In that case, start with the preset and adjust as needed!
Enjoy your presets and be sure to tag us @foodtographyschool so we can see you before and afters!
Love and brownies,
Sarah & the Foodtography School Team